Finance and Skills & Employment
The North East has a strong record of partnership working to integrate skills and employability.
The North East Combined Authority is continuing to work closely with a wide range of partners to deliver on the Strategic Economic Plan and drive an uplift of 100,000 jobs between 2014 and 2024, striving to achieve 70% of these additional jobs as better quality jobs.
Working with our partners, the North East Combined Authority:
- Provides a co-ordinated structure for collaboration, supported by robust economic and workforce information
- Coordinates the response to the current demand for skills in key areas of the labour market and aligns provision to key economic sector needs and demands
- Places employers at the centre of design and delivery of a simplified skills system
- Provides long term decision-making on the skills and the employability and inclusion agenda
- Acts as the accountable body for devolved funding.
The North East LEP leads on boosting skills in the North East and works very closely with the North East Combined Authority to do this. You can find out more here.