APPOINTMENT OF INDEPENDENT PERSON AS VICE-CHAIR OF THE AUTHORITY’S OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
The North East Combined Authority is looking to appoint an individual to be the Vice-Chair of the Authority’s Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
The functions of the Independent Vice-Chair are to:
- To support the Chair in ensuring the Scrutiny Committee works effectively, with good collaboration between its members.
- Be responsible for the conduct of committee hearings when the Chair is unavailable.
- Support the Chair in ensuring that the Committee fulfils its functions of providing review and scrutiny within the decision making structures of the North East Combined Authority.
- To work with scrutiny members and scrutiny officer to develop the work programme and scrutiny agendas.
- To support the Scrutiny Committee in its role of reviewing the performance of the Leadership Board; and of Nexus as the Passenger Transport Executive of the Authority.
Interested candidates will be expected to have high standards of personal conduct, tact and discretion and ideally will have some knowledge of local government at principal authority and/or parish council level. A small yearly allowance and expenses will be paid. Initial appointments are for a two year period with a possible minimum extension of a further two years.
The law prevents a current member, co-opted member or officer of the Combined Authority or its constituent Authorities (Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland and Sunderland) or a person who has held such a position within the past five years or a close friend or relative of any such person from applying.
Anyone wanting to apply, or wanting more information about the above role (including the person specification), should contact Vivienne Geary, the Monitoring Officer of the North East Combined Authority direct using the details shown below.
Applications must be received by 12 noon on the 4th September 2017 with interviews expected to be held in September 2017.
(Advert now closed)
Dated 31 July 2017
Role Description and Person Specification